Warsaw International Performance Art Weekend Founder.
Born 28.09.1986 in Ukraine, currently based in between Warsaw & Antwerp.Now based in Taipei.
Main topics are: Body, Presence, Identity, Transgression, Community.
BODY - crisis of body, post humanism, body is obsolete, fragile body, biological and virtual body, political body.
COMMUNITY - local, fragile, liminal. ACTIVISM and IDENTITY - how art activity could influence social challenges, raise voice of the group, re-frame the problems, and re-invent public space by art practice. Exaggeration of the situations and changing the social rules - are my methods. As a performance artist I'm pointing the problems through the action.
My art is ephemeral, it could be named as: performance art, live art, in situ, site specific art. It happening and disappears, living a traces of being in the certain place. Afterwards are only available some artifacts and documentations, which is like our memory, describes just some projections of our mind, which was memorized or documented. I perceive a documentation of my artworks as subjective documentation, which is not the same as the performance itself.
( http://cargocollective.com/annakosarewska/Anna-Kosarewska )
- Performance "My dear Alien I'm dreaming about you-II " 48 Stunden Neucoln Art Festival, Berlin
- Performance, "My dear Alien I'm dreaming about you-I " Performance Art Week, Berlin
- Performance "Obcy-I", publick space Metro Centrum, Warsaw
- Performance "Obcy-II", Academy of Fine Arts, Antwerpen
- Performance "Defining", Lelac Art Space, Brussels
- Performance “White/Red”, Morni Hills Performance Art Biennial, Chandigarh, India
- Performance “Blue is the warmest colour” Belgium Performance Festival II, Antwerp, Belgium